Adult indoor officials information
Important Links and Information! Scroll down!
Darin Clark, Official's Chair
Tel: (321) 698-9130
Sue Wainio, Official's Coordinator
Tel: (941) 744-6747
NOTE: Please do NOT text Sue with region issues except "day of" emergencies. Use email.
Vickie Hinkle, Scorer Representative
Tel. (425) 772-0949
How to become an official
USAV OFFICIAL RESOURCES
What is safesport?
The U.S. Center for SafeSport is an independent nonprofit organization responsible for responding to and preventing emotional, physical, and sexual misconduct and abuse.
The Center also serves as an educational resource for sports organizations at all levels, from recreational sports organizations to professional leagues.
Indoor officiating certification levels
Jr National and National adult officials
Regional Qualifications for Junior National and National Candidates
First and foremost, you must demonstrate your skills proficiency as a first and second referee in the USAV guidelines for first and second referees. You must also satisfy the following minimum requirements.
· Request consideration for certification upgrade from Official's Coordinator.
· Have professional and moral character.
· For Jr. National Candidates, be certified as a USAV Regional referee for the last two completed seasons, or be recommended by a National referee AND approved by the Officials Chair.
· For National Candidates, it is highly recommended that the individual completes at least two consecutive seasons as a Jr. National referee before applying to be a National Candidate. The National Candidate MUST be recommended by NO LESS than three (3) people from the “List of Qualified Individuals for Recommending National Referee Candidates” AND approved by the Officials Chair and Commissioner of the Florida Region.
· Officiate as a referee in four regular season USAV-affiliated tournaments in the last completed season.
· Officiate in one Regional championship in the last completed season.
See link below for information for all national officials (JN, N and National Scorers). This is the letter sent by USAV Officials Development Director Pati Rolf. This includes information on the National clinics. There are deadlines associated with the topics in this memo, so check it out soon and make plans to comply.
Access to the National Clinics will be available to everyone who is not a National Referee at a cost of $25. They will not be allowed to attend these National Clinics live this year; however, they can register for the recorded version. USAV is working on a registration system for this group. More information will follow in the following weeks. See clinic topic and description below.
Jr National and National Officials Info Letter 2-22-22