In 2022, the FLORIDA REGION OF USA VOLLEYBALL CELEBRATe its 40TH ANNIVERSARY
The Florida Region of USA Volleyball was honored to celebrate our 40th anniversary in 2022! For 40 years, the Florida Region has aggressively promoted the sport of volleyball throughout Florida and has provided competitive playing opportunities for players of all ages. Thank you for helping us celebrate 40 years of this lifetime sport in Florida!
About the florida region of usa volleyball
The Florida Region of USA Volleyball began operations in the 1960's and was officially incorporated in 1982. We offer indoor, outdoor & para volleyball for adults, juniors, coaches and officials. Additionally we offer educational opportunities for coaches and officials annually. Our operations are managed by a full-time staff and our corporate governance is overseen by a 9 member board of directors. We are an affiliate of USA Volleyball, the National Governing Body for the sport of volleyball as designated by the US Olympic & Paralympic Committee. Below you will find our mission statement, vision statement, core values, organizational goals, and our corporate slogans.
- 1982 - Incorporated in Florida as a non-profit corporation under the name United States Volleyball Association, Florida Region, Inc. (October 20th)
- 2001 - Fielded the first Indoor High-Performance Girls Team & completed at the HP Championships at the USOC in Colorado Springs, CO.
- 2005 - Hired Steve Bishop as the first Executive Director of the Corporation (December 5th)
- 2006 - Opened the first Region Office in Tavares, FL. The Corporation had two full-time employees.
- 2007 - Implemented a scholarship program for high school seniors that are members of the organization.
- 2007 - Fielded the first Indoor High-Performance Boys Team and competed at the USA HP Championships.
- 2008 - Changed the corporate name from United States Volleyball Association, Florida Region, Inc. to Florida Region of USA Volleyball, Inc.
- 2010 - Fielded the first Team Florida Beach High-Performance All-Star delegation with five girls teams and competed at the USA Beach HP Championships in Hermosa Beach, CA
- 2012 - Fielded the first Team Florida Wave Semi-Pro Women's delegation at the PVL Championships in Salt Lake City, UT.
- 2013 - Fielded the first Team Florida Wave Semi-Pro Men's delegation and won the Gold Medal at the PVL Championships in Louisville, KY.
- 2014 - Grand opening of Hickory Point Beach Sand Volleyball Complex in Tavares, FL, a $400,000 grant from Lake County, FL funded the project (July 5th)
- 2015 - Fielded the first Team Florida Sitting All-Star delegation and won the Gold Medal at the Sitting National Championships in Detroit, MI
- 2015 - Florida Region hosted a NORCECA Continental Tour stop at Hickory Point Beach with 32 teams, 16 men and 16 women (September 11-13)
- 2016 - Florida Region partners with Sunshine State Athletics to launch high school beach volleyball for girls across the state of Florida, making it the second state in the U.S behind Arizona.
- 2016 - Florida Region Executive Director (Steve Bishop) elected as Board President for the International Volleyball Hall of Fame in Holyoke, MA
- 2019 - Grand opening of the 4,000sf Hickory Point Beach Athletics Center at the sand volleyball complex in Tavares, FL (February 23rd)
- 2020 - Florida Region hosted the inaugural Florida Pro Best of the Beach event at Hickory Point Beach with a prize purse of $60,000, 56 pro beach athletes attended, 28 men and 28 women (November 6-8)
- 2021 - Florida Region
indoor & beach event history
- Florida Fest/National 18Q
- Regional 18Q
- ASICS Florida Volleyball Challenge
- Molten Boys Southeastern Championships
- Indoor High-performance
- USA All-Star Championships
- Fall Beach Fest
- Winter BNQ
- Florida Pro Best of the Beach
- Beach High Performance
team florida high performance history
291-102 (72.5% win percentage)
Team Florida overall match record from 2012 - 2021
Total medal count = 34